Monday, June 29, 2009

Thing 11





Here are some images I created.

The Mr. Rogers' photo was easy to make. It was not so easy to move. I have been having trouble with moving all the graphics even with my daughter's help and she is pretty computer savvy. I finally went to the help button to figure out some troubleshooting. First, I turned off my pop-ups but that didn't help. The second suggestion was to use Mozilla Firefox which I have not been doing. I remembered that's what we uploaded from the first but I have always still used Explorer because that's what I'm familiar with. When I switched to Mozilla it came up easily, so I'm going to try to remember to use Firefox all the time.

The heart graphic was easy to make, too. In fact, all the sites where I tried to make something - they were all easy to make. I did have trouble getting the heart to transfer also, but I was still on Explorer. Hopefully, this will work better if I start using Mozilla.
Basically, I enjoyed this lesson (except for the frustrations). I can see lots of uses for these tools and would like to incorporate some of them on the slide show I am going to make for my back-to-school slide show. I can see lots of fun uses for this as well. I am on vacation in Illinois right now visiting family and made the heart for my great niece who is 17 months. You could do lots of scrapbooking types of activities with these fun tools. I worked for a long time trying to get the Flicr Spellr trying to transfer as I did in Lesson 9, but when I did get them moved they were all over the place and I couldn't line them up. This "playing" is what's killing me because of the time involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment