Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thing 8

I thought the Creative Commons information was very interesting. Actually, I would love to hear the story of how someone even came up with the idea of doing this and how the conversation with the U.S. Dept. of Copywright went. I have seen the CC logo before and wondered what that was all about so that was interesting. I think this will have a big impact on my professional life and feel a real obligation to share this information with teachers. When they are spending more and more time online and using technology in their lessons more and more, I think they need to understand how and when they can use what they find online and how to protect themselves legally. I really like the first site I went to in the Stretch exercise. It listed by category different lessons teachers could pull from and delineated exactly what rights they had and how they could use them. I think that would be very beneficial to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment