Monday, June 22, 2009

Thing 7

I found that commenting is easier for me when I know the blogger. I commented on the two classmates' blogs that I adopted and I know them both and it was like I was having a conversation with the and I could visualize that. When I commented on the other blogs I was a little more intimidated. First, the two blogs on which I commented seemed like they were composed by folks who were much more savvy than me with all this stuff. However, I commented on the content of their blog so it was probably OK. I think that commenting is important. I guess I look at it from my own perspective. How would I feel if no one commented on my blog? That would speak to me. It would either tell me that I must not have anything too important to say OR that no one agreed with me. Either way, it would impact my confidence. Also, on one of the sites you had us read on commenting, the author spoke about how we all like to be validated and that happens when someone reads our work and comments. It's just like when I taught writing as a teacher. The kid's improved so much more when we commented (either in writing or orally) on the good and bad things they did in their writing. It's kind of funny because you may not even realize that 100 people have read your blog if no one comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment