Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thing 16

Finally, an easy lesson! I really like the Library Thing. I actually found a couple of books by my favorite authors that I didn't know were out so I'm heading to the bookstore tomorrow. After I finish this class, maybe I'll have time to read!!! I enjoyed exploring this site, checking out the author information. I didn't really like the suggestion tool. All it seems to do is pull up books with the same key words in the title, not really books that are similar that I might find interesting reading. I would like to play with this site a little more to find out how I can group my books. It was easy to add them to my list, but I'd like to put them into groups or categories. Maybe I do that by tagging. I'll have to go back and try. The first thing that came to mind professionally about this site is how wonderful it would have been when I was in the classroom and I could list all my own books available to the kids. I would have been able to pull the list to see if I had a certain book or if I needed to find it from another source. Personally, I could add the books I had so I didn't repurchase the same book (done that before). If I had internet on my phone it might be neat to keep the list in my phone so that when I was in the bookstore I could always know what books I wanted to buy. Cool site!

2 comments:

  1. I agree about the suggestion tool. It didn't really do anything spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was doing something wrong. I did think the unsuggester tool was kind of cool. Although sometimes I read completely different books.

    ReplyDelete