Friday, July 10, 2009

Thing 18


UTube was fun to look at. My daughters showed me lots of fun videos to look at and we spent most of our time there. I did check out some teaching videos that might be usable. The video I downloaded was one of Ron Clark's kids doing a rap on voting rights. It was neat to see them demonstrate what they had learned. My daughter and I got off on a conversation about how hard it would be for me to go back to college now because everything they do is embedded in technology and how lost I would be. One of my girls is having to upload videos of herself teaching lessons and send them to her teacher for her online class. She also had to put together a podcast this year for a project for a class. It was a group project and she was complaining because she was the one that had to actually do all the computer work and she was telling me how long it took. I told her that was OK because she would be the one that learned the most and now had the technology skills she needs. It really is amazing out outdated I feel in the midst of all this. I still think I have lots to offer. I just lack the means to disseminate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment