Friday, July 10, 2009

Thing 17

I have ambivalent feelings on this one. I had trouble accessing many of the podcasts I tried to look at. They said they had been moved or I needed a download of something before I could view them. Many of them are very boring - someone's lectures, stuff like that. I found some good ones I can use and those were fun. I downloaded ITunes because I wanted it on my laptop anyway, but I spent FOREVER trying to get the library to include the podcasts. I only had TV, Music, and Video in my library and there was no way I could subscribe to anything until I had podcast listed. I thought I had tried every tab. I installed it 3 times! Finally, my daughter went to edit and preferences and we were able to add the podcast library and then it was simple. Everything in this class is like this. Once you figure it out, it's simple!! Just wish it was simple to figure it out! I had the most luck with the Learn Out Loud directory or just looking up topics on the ITunes store. I found a really good one on vocabulary (you can tell I have a thing for words)that I subscribed to as well as a couple others I thought might come in handy this year. I see this as most useful to teachers who could podcast lessons for students who are absent or for parents who are wanting to help kids with homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment