Sunday, July 12, 2009

Thing 23


Visit 23 Thingsters

As you can see I am now a prominent member of 23 Thingsters! There were tons of social networks to look at. Many of them I couldn't get too far into without joining and I didn't want to join them all. Lots of them were connecting with a specific group of people that would not interest me. I was very impressed by the number of networks out there. I read a couple of discussions that were about issues pertinent to my job. I followed one pretty far making connections through links and it was pretty interesting. I searched for math facts and went through a discussion with one lady who had taught in Africa and now is homeschooling her twins. She had some strong theories on kids learning their math facts even though the current trend in education is not to drill. I could link from there to many of the resources she used. So, that was interesting. I also found some videos on vocabulary that I thought I could maybe use. And, I really like the 23 Thingsters network! Of course, there are lots of implications for education. The one that comes to mind is the teacher networking with her kids or her parents. In the article 7things you should know about Ning, I noticed something about how a group formed like a Christian network so they could kind of set the expectations for that group. Kind of neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment