Saturday, July 11, 2009

Thing 19

Voicethreads is much like some of the other "things" we've learned. I can see this in the classroom easily from Kinder to sixth. I love the example of the Kindergarten ABC book where the kids drew the pictures AND did the voiceover. I would have loved this when I taught writing in fourth grade. I like the idea of putting a picture on the overhead and letting the kids write their thoughts or descriptions or explanations and then voicing them so everyone could hear their ideas. Some kids think the same way everytime you ask for input and I think it is great when they get to hear the ideas and thoughts of others. It expands their ability to think in different ways. I guess the only challenge would be to locate microphones for everyone. I think the computer lab has mics but it would be good to make sure. I wish I had know alot of this before I planned our back to school workdays. I would love to have the teachers get some training on some of these "things."

No comments:

Post a Comment